Engineering Assistant (Temp-to-Hire)
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Engineering Assistant will provide administrative and procurement support for the Engineering Department.
- Handles daily assignments from Engineering Management and personnel, including administering engineering project requirements.
- Compiles and supports engineering costs activities as needed.
- Supports the Engineering Department including assistance with administration of databases, templates, forms, documentation, policies and procedures, design review and project documents.
- Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents. Provides assistance with administration of literature and brochures.
- Prepares/creates documents, presentations and both internal and external correspondence to effectively communicate information or data utilizing appropriate grammar, spelling, and formats.
- Responds professionally and effectively to all inquiries.
- Coordinates/completes projects as needed with minimal direction and interaction from leader(s)
- Engages suppliers from initial requirements and is proactive in the management of their activities to support internal design schedules and requirements.
- Initiates contact with internal and external suppliers to establish positive working relationships.
- Manages material/documentation receipts and control inventory within the Engineering Department as needed.
- Performs engineering project purchasing as needed.
- Facilitates procurement and structuring of purchase orders.
- Assists Engineers in document coordination and signature routing.
- Assists Engineering Department in preparing for design reviews and document storage.
- Assists Engineering Department in process of PCO signature and process compliance.
- Reviews technical protocols and data in support of validation, verification and product manufacturing to ensure compliance.
- Provides quality and documentation support in design control activities, including research and development, design transfer, and validation and validation for existing product modifications.
- Responsible for administration of the Company's document control system in order to efficiently initiate change requests and design plans.
General Skills/Competencies/Specialized Knowledge
Knowledge of common shipping methods and general requirements.
Able to collect, compile and analyze financial data for engineering projects.
Thorough knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
Ability to maintain confidential, critical and business sensitive information.
Computer Skills - Proficient computer system based tools including Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, etc.), e-mail, web browsers and spreadsheet software.
Procurement - Moderate knowledge of standard procurement processes (i.e., purchase requisitions, purchase orders, SOWs, etc.). Experience with material procurements and inventory techniques. Able to proactively manage difficult situations with suppliers.
Adaptability - Embraces and adapts to change and demonstrates a willingness to learn. Reactionary and adaptable to abrupt changes, arising issues, extreme time pressures, and other exigent circumstances. Ability to identify urgent issues and respond accordingly. Accuracy and attention to detail.
Teamwork - Works collaboratively and cooperatively with many teams cross-functionally. Energetic and willingness to work closely with all team members to achieve success.
Communication Skills - Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills.
Initiative - Ability to work well independently and exercise appropriate judgment under general direction. Ability to prioritize workload, goals and tasks consistent with the department and corporate objectives. Ability to take direction from multiple sources and manage conflicting priorities in an effective and efficient manner. Ability to multi-task, completing concurrent projects within given time frames and managing interruptions and change requests. Takes initiative to establish new processes and methods to support a variety of coordination activities.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in administrative function, or related work experience required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.