HR Assistant / Receptionist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The HR Assistant/Receptionist answers phone calls, directs callers to the proper resources or personnel and greets visitors. Supplies information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers. In addition, serves as administrative support the Human Resources department.
- Provides administrative support in the preparation of correspondence, reports, schedules, confidential materials and various employee matters.
- Provides administrative support on day-to-day basis and contributes to long-run development of Human Resources function.
- Answers telephones, transfers calls and takes accurate messages to ensure prompt response. Responds professionally and effectively to all inquiries. Schedules desk coverage in time of absence.
- Provides data for and prepares routine management information reports and documents.
- Coordinates and completes projects as needed with direction and interaction from leader(s) which includes file audits, Employee Engagement Survey, training records, etc.
- Responsible for general office administration tasks such as filing, copying, collating/stapling, etc.
- Maintains database/stores information about the policies, processes, employees, programs, schedules and other confidential company data.
- Works with management and HR in developing new programs and services related to employees.
- Establishes, organizes and maintains department records, both paper and computer, ensuring completeness, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Conducts new hire onboarding procedures utilizing new hire checklist to ensure timeliness for day one readiness.
- Schedules travel arrangements - airline, hotel, and ground transportation for out-of-town candidates.
- Prepares offer letters, promotion letters, Employee Change Form, hiring requisitions, etc.
- Assists staffing team as needed, which may include scheduling, record keeping, and logistics.
- Facilitates procurement and structuring of purchase orders for the Human Resources Department.
- Maintains global organizational charts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
- Typical office environment - accommodations will be evaluated where needed.
- Minimum equivalent of 5 years related experience.
- Human Resources experience strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma required (or equivalent)
General Skills/Competencies/Specialized Knowledge
Thorough knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Able to maintain confidential, critical and business sensitive information.
Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Computer Skills - Strong PC literacy with advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), e-mail, web browsers and spreadsheet software.
Initiative - Ability to prioritize workload, goals and tasks consistent with the
department and corporate objectives. Ability to take direction from multiple
sources and manage conflicting priorities in an effective and efficient manner. Ability to multi-task, completing concurrent projects within given time frames and managing interruptions. Ability to work well independently and exercise appropriate judgment under general direction.
Communication Skills - Communicates effectively at all levels, both internally and externally, both written and verbal. Uses best practices for e-mail correspondence. Ability to effectively interface with others on behalf of supported Executives. Good listening skills.
Adaptability - Embraces and adapts to change and demonstrates a willingness to learn. Reactionary and adaptable to abrupt changes, arising issues, extreme time pressures, and other exigent circumstances. Ability to identify urgent issues and respond accordingly.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.